Tuesday 10 November 2015

October Beauty Favourites

  
Coming to you a little later this month with my monthly favourites. I asked on twitter the other night if it would be too late to post a monthly favourites and everyone said no. So I decided to share the few bits I have been loving throughout October with you.


Charlotte Tilbury | Dolce Vita Palette
You all knew this was coming. This has been my go-to eyeshadow palette this month. It screams Autumnal, and is absolutely perfect for this time of year. The shades go absolutely perfect both together and paired with other eyeshadows. I have worn this during the day for a subtle pop of colour but it is so easy to amp it up and create a really gorgeous smokey eye look for night time. The quality of the eyeshadows are unsurprisingly amazing. The pigment is really vibrant and they blend together so easily. They last all day on my eyes too which is one of the main things I find hard with eyeshadows, because I have hooded eyes some shadows tend to fade really easily on me throughout the day. I haven't had any problems with these shadows, and although they are expensive at €50 a palette I do think that they are worth it for the quality you are getting!


MAC Mineralise Skin Finish | Soft & Gentle
This is one of those products that has been talked about so much in the beauty community that it really has achieved somewhat of a cult status among beauty lovers. You all know that I have been obsessed with  my Mary Lou-manizer from The Balm for ages and I haven't felt the need to change it up in the highlighter department. But I eventually cracked after seeing this featured in so many YouTube videos and on people's Instagram posts. I have already done a post all about this, but just to say it is definitely on par with my Mary Lou. It is a more champagne shade compared to the Mary Lou's golden under tone. It packs some serious highlighting punch and it is definitely worth all the hype it gets! 


MAC Lipstick | Viva Glam II
I have definitely been on a major MAC obsession these past couple of months and I have really built up my lipstick collection. One of the most recent additions to the family has been Viva Glam II. This has been compared to Velvet Teddy but as a lighter version. I feel that this works slightly better with my skintone, both when I'm tanned and when I'm pale. It is a gorgeous brown toned nude that really goes with every eye look I have been wearing the past month. It is a very easy shade to wear, and if you feel that Velvet Teddy was too dark for you I would definitely recommend you give this a go! 


Flormar | Dipliner
I have heard nothing but good things about the Flormar products the past couple of months so when I discovered that there was a counter in one of my local pharmacies I picked up a few bits, including their liquid liner. I find it so hard to find liquid liners that I like, for the same reason as eye shadows, they always seem to transfer on to my upper lid or wear off. But with this I find it to last all day without moving or smudging. It is a lovely dark black colour and I find it to be really long-wearing. It has one of those hard nib applicators which is quite easy to work with. I would prefer if it had a bit more flexibility but for the quality of the liner I will learn to work with it! 


No.7 | Eye Make-Up Remover
This is actually something that I have been using for months, but never thought to put it on my blog because it just slotted straight into my routine and I forgot that it was a new addition. I didn't actually realize how much I loved it until I ran out of it and had to go back to using my micelliar water on my eyes. The No.7 eye make-up remover is the most effective way I have found to remove the bulk of my eye make-up. I always tend to go a bit heavy on the eye make-up, I love lots of shadows, eyeliner and lately I have been trying out some water proof mascara. I found this to remove all traces of the make-up (including the water proof mascara) around my eyes without having to pull at them too much. If you get it when the vouchers are doing the rounds it works out at only €5.50- Bargain!


So that is the round up of my October favourites, I can't believe we are already in November and the countdown to Christmas is well and truly on! Let me know what your favourites were this month, and if you have tried anything I have spoken about here!

2 comments:

  1. Definitely need to get my hands on Mac soft and gentle, it looks gorgeous! Great post.

    Kate// http://katerosexo1.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want that Charlotte Tilbury palette, it's stunning!!

    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete