Monday 27 April 2015

Soap & Glory Solar Powder


I had read alot of hype recently about the Soap & Glory make up products- in particular the Solar Powder bronzer. I was coming to the end of my beloved NARS Laguna and there was a 3 for 2 running in Boots so I decided to give it a go. At €15.49 it is one of the pricier bronzers in the drugstore that I've seen. 

It is duo bronzer with both lighter and darker colours. You can stick to a particular side, or like me just swirl the brush in the middle and mix the whole lot. It comes with a slight shimmer overlay when you first open it but this rubs off easy and it doesn't go deeper into the powder. The texture is very light so you have the option of having a light look or you can build it up for a more intense bronzed look. It doesn't leave your skin looking cake-y band it leaves a gorgeous sunkissed glow without looking muddy or patchy. Once the light shimmer has been removed it is a completely matte bronzer which makes it perfect for a warm-toned contour. I always prefer a matte bronzer anyway because you have the option to add your own shimmer or highlight if you want to.

The only downside to this is the packaging, it is made purely of cardboard which I can imagine will get grubby and worn very easily in my make-up bag. It has definitely filled the Laguna gap in my life for now! Let me know if you have tried this or any other Soap & Glory make up!



2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great product. Need something like this in my make-up bag x
    lipstickandlightening.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have heard a lot about this! it certainly looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete