Monday 23 March 2015

MAC Cinderella Collection

  
I don't think I have ever gotten so excited about a MAC collection as I have for this one! As soon as I seen the promo pictures being released online I knew I needed some of the items in my life, plus it was released on my birthday so it really would have been rude if I didn't! In conjunction with the release of the movie, MAC have released a Cinderella themed collection which is just utterly beautiful! So much so that I was on my laptop at 5 to 9 the morning it was released ready to purchase! (it was like the Gareth Brooks ticket fiasco all over again!) I was delighted to get the two bits I had my heart set on which were the "Stroke of Midnight" eyeshadow palette and "Royal Ball" lipstick. Firstly the packaging is just amazing. It is beautifully girly and completely Cinderella-esq! Both products are in baby blue packaging with a slight duo-chrome sheen to it. So lovely to have something different to the usual black packaging from MAC but still looking very chic and nice. They really got it right with the packaging for the entire collection!

The palette is a neutral lover's dream. It has a lovely combination of both warm and cool toned neutrals as well as both mattes and shimmers. The colours included are all permanent apart from one, and they are Vapour, Phloof, Omega, Quarry, Satin Taupe and Stroke of Midnight which is the new one. I have been using this palette as my everyday eye look since I have gotten it and have found the mattes to be some of the best I have ever used. My go-to look from this palette is using Vapour all over the lid as a base, Phloof along the inner half of my eyelid and a mixture of Quarry and Satin Taupe in the outer corner. The stand out shade in this palette for me has to be Stroke of Midnight. It is definitely not an everyday shade but it is the most gorgeous purple shimmer and I can't wait to use it for a night out look!


The Royal Ball lipstick was a little bit of an impulse buy but I am so glad I went for it. If you are a MAC Hue lover, then this lipstick is right up your street. As a frost finish it can come off looking a little shiny on the lips but I have been wearing a bit more fake tan lately and I really like how it looks with it. It is a very nude baby pink with a slight golden sheen to it. Once coat of this lipstick is really all you need, and all you want if you want to avoid the concealer lip look! Its definitely one that I will be reaching for alot over the Spring/Summer months because it really brightens up any make up look!

I am so happy I managed to get my hands on some of the pieces from the collection, and have really been enjoying using them! Finally a MAC collection that I got excited about! Let me know if you managed to grab anything from the Cinderella collection and what you think of them!




12 comments:

  1. I love this packaging. It is so magical. x

    Shang J. | The Feminine Crusade­

    ReplyDelete
  2. The collection is so pretty!

    http://laurenslittleblogs.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The eyeshadow palette looks gorgeous, i got a lipstick and pink powder and i was quite disappointed if im honest. I did a full review of mine with swatches and why i wish i hadn't wasted my money :( x
    Emmys Blog | MAC Cinderella Controversial Review

    ReplyDelete
  4. I pretty much love this whole collection!
    SO glad I managed to get what I wanted.
    Great post!
    Leanne xx
    nailsandteapots

    ReplyDelete
  5. they both look beautiful! i got the glitter & the powder, they are gorgeous but i am sorry i missed out on the eyeshadow palette! i have some of the colours out of it anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish i had something from this collection, but I live so far out that I can barley get to a MAC store... Your products look amazing though

    ❤ The Jewel Beauty Blog ❤ | Michael Todd Soniclear Review |

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both items are really beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Overall the collection is so stunning! x
    lipstickandlightening.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't really get excited about MAC collections but do love the packaging of this one. xx

    Ramblings of a Beauty Bird | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful collection! Love!
    Becca | theBeautyInbox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh it's so pretty! Love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so annoyed this sold out like instantly and I didn't get a chance to get anything :(

    xx Tess Isabella Beauty

    ReplyDelete