Saturday 7 March 2015

Febuary Beauty Favourites



So this is a slightly overdue monthly favourites, even though Febuary is the shortest month of the year, I really feel that it has flown this year! It feels like no time at all since I was writing up my January favourites. Again this month I have been trying out alot of new products and there has been a lot of new discoveries this month. Some won't be a surprise to you as I have either done reviews on them during the month, or you will have seen them on my Instagram (@danielle_imperfectblog if you were interested!)


Lorac Pro Palette
This palette has never left my side this month. If you are thinking of investing in an eyeshadow palette, and if you have access to Lorac- you need to get this palette! The colours are all so amazingly wearable, pigmented and so easy to blend! I have used this palette to create both an everyday neutral eye and a deeper night-time look and I have found that the selection of colours all work beautifully together. I have gradually started to become more adventurous with my eye make-up and this palette has been the most reached for out of my collection for this.


Origins GinZing Cleanser
I bought this on abit of an impulse on a recent trip to Boots. I am already a massive fan of the GinZing moisturiser and eye-cream so it comes as no surprise that this is in this months favourites post. It has the same refreshing scent as the moisturiser, so it makes it perfect as a morning cleanser. I tend to use it most in the shower as it does have little beads in the gel so when I'm in the shower I can make sure they are all fully washed away. The beads feel lovely on the skin, but they are not overly abrasive so its still perfect for everyday use. I have a full review to read on this here if you are looking for more information. 


MaxFactor Creme Puff Blush | Seductive Pink
Unless you have been living under a rock, you will have heard all about these new blushes from MaxFactor and no-one can deny the similarities between these and the Ambient Lighting Blushes from Hourglass. I have tried a couple of the colours from the range but the one I have been reaching for constantly is the Seductive Pink shade. I have worn it so much that the slight dome has completely worn down. It gives a really nice natural flush of colour to the cheeks and is really easily built up if you want a more dramatic look. These blushes are amazingly pigmented and they wear really well throughout the day. For the price, you really can't go wrong! 


Moroccan Oil
This is another product that I have been dying to give a go for awhile now, and this month I gave into the hype and ordered the smaller size to give a go. I have used this everytime I have washed my hair since I received it, and I have really noticed a difference in how my hair has been feeling and looking. When I blow-dry my hair after this it looks and feels so smooth. It is such a light-weight oil that when I first started using it, I didn't think it would make that much of a difference but I have been really impressed and would definitely recommend it if you are thinking of trying it out! 


L'oreal Infallible 24hr Matte Foundation
I'm not sure if this has been a new release this month, but I only noticed it on the shelves this month. At the time L'oreal was on offer at 2 for €18 so I snapped up both this and the True Match foundation which I have also been loving! I have been wearing this one on more of an everyday basis and have really loved it this past month. Like I said in my review, I would normally stay away from anything that had matte or rose in the title but this has both and I love it! It is not a traditional matte foundation. It is more matte than some of my other foundations but it still leaves a lovely finish on the skin. It is really long lasting on the skin, I have been wearing this on full days at work and it still looks really good at the end of the day, and since it's matte I don't really have to top up with powder throughout the day. 


Charlotte Tilbury Powder & Sculpt Brush
This has been one of the most expensive purchases I have made in awhile. After feeling slightly underwhelmed about the new Real Techniques Contour Brush, I decided to order a brush that I have been eying up for a long time. Charlotte Tilbury brushes are not something that I have heard much about, and I have yet to get near a counter so I was taking a slight risk by ordering this online. I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised at how much I love this brush. I have been using this for contouring this past month, and it helps create a lovely natural contour both on the cheeks and along the temples. It is the perfect sized brush to get under my (lack of) cheekbones and help enhance them. It's not the softest brush in the world but it does pick up product amazingly well and blends so well! It is ridiculously pricey for a brush but I really think it's worth it and it has fast become one of my favourite brushes! 

So those are what I have been loving this past month. I am so excited for March- I can't wait for MAC to release the Cinderella collection so you can expect a review on any products I manage to get my hands on! What have you been loving this month? What has been your number one product for February?

7 comments:

  1. That Lorac pallette is just. so. pretty! I don't think there's one shade I wouldn't absolutely adore. I've been eyeing the Charlotte Tilbury brush up as well, I'm torn between it looking amazing but also already having an obscene amount of brushes!

    Maxine, xo
    maxinewhitneyy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Lorac palette really is the most amazing palette isn't it, I hardly ever pick up my UD Naked anymore. I really need that CT brush in my life, it looks amazingly soft!
    xxx Claire
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great favourites. The Lorac palette is so stunning, it's been on my wish list for so long! I've been trying one of the Max Factor blushes out this week in the shade Nude Mauve, its beautiful.

    alice x | beautybyalicee | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another huge Lorac palette fan! I would love to try that brush, it sounds just perfect for contouring! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So jealous of your Lorac palette!
    I'm going to Canada in Summer and I am so excited to get it
    Great post!
    Leanne xx
    nailsandteapots

    ReplyDelete
  6. The brush sounds amazing but I'm half afraid to even log on to BT in case I get the want again! Love the Max Factor blushes, the shade I have is lovely (think it's nude mauve). The palette looks gorgeous, loads of colour variation there which is always nice!

    ReplyDelete