Monday 29 September 2014

September Beauty Favourites


I can't believe September has already been and gone and we are well into the Autumn now. As you may have seen from my previous post I have been changing up my make-up for the colder months, so I have a lot of new make-up bits added to my everyday routine and quite alot of favourites this month. 


YSL Youth Liberator Foundation
My mum bought this ages ago so I decided to just give it a try this month and I fell in love. I am a massive fan of the YSL Teint Touche Eclat foundation so I had high hopes for this one, and after reading everybodys rave reviews about it I was expecting great things! I am seriously impressed by this foundation- so much so I am planning a full review of it in the coming weeks. My skin has been a little bit worse for wear lately, breakouts, redness, uneven patches- it was just a mess. So I majorly stripped down my skincare and started using this foundation. I'm not sure if it is the foundation, or my skincare routine but my skin has completely evened out and any redness has been majorly reduced! It is a medium/high coverage foundation which I always prefer and I would say it has a "satin" finish which feels nice and moisturising so it is perfect for the  cooler Autumnal months. I find it lasts all day on my skin with minimal touch-ups required. 


Anastasia Brow Whizz
I have become obsessed with eyebrows over the past couple of months and have tried and tested numerous products to try and achieve the perfect brow. Again I had heard alot of hype around this product so I was so excited to finally try it. This pencil makes doing your eyebrows so easy. It is actually part of my routine I look forward to doing now purely because I get to use this. It has a teeny tiny nib so it makes it really easy to mimic the look of brow hairs, therefore giving a much more natural look to the finished look. I have mine in Medium Brown which is a perfect match for me, and the spoolie on the end just makes life so much easier! 

 Essie Angora Cardi
Whats a monthly favourites post on this blog without an Essie polish? I have been lusting after this nail polish ever since I first discovered Essie, bur for some reason it was always one that I never got a chance to pick up. It was always either out of stock or I forgot about it. But on a recent trip to Galway I spotted it in Boots and snapped it up! I would describe this polish as a dusky rose colour, so it is perfect for Autumn. It is a very easy colour to wear for everyday, not too dark and gives a lovely polished look to your nails. I have had this on my nails everyday since I got it, and even my mum has worn it- and she is very picky with her nail colours!  

 Cocoa Brown Gentle Bronze
If you had asked me a few months a go what my favourite Cocoa Brown product was I would have sworn blind it was the 1hr tan and that nothing else would ever come close. I think that my beloved 1hr tan has been knocked off the top spot by the "Gentle Bronze" Gradual tanner. For the colder months I wanted to start embracing my natural colour(ish) so I was trying to wean myself off the darker shades of tan and go for a more "sunkissed" look. I find that the Gentle Bronze gives an amazing colour with just one application. You can go back and add more layers depending on how dark you want to go. I have been applying this every second night, and my regular body moisturiser every other night and I have been loving the results! Cocoa Brown never lets you down! 
 MaxFactor Clump Defy Mascara
This is a mascara I picked up after watching Suzie from Hello October's monthly favourites last month. I love thick volumious lashes, but it is a very fine line between volume and clumping. This mascara claims to give amazingly plumped up lashes without any of the clumpage. Like Suzie mentioned in her video, it took me a little while to really like this mascara. After about a week or so of using it I started to really really like it. I think you need to let it dry out a little bit first and then it gets so much easier to work with. It really does give amazing volume to my lashes while still making them appear defined and lengthed. I'm not sure if I prefer this to my Maybelline Falsies, but it's coming pretty close!


Zoeva Rose Gold Brushes
Yes I finally caved and bought those brushes. I have been lusting after these since they were originally released, then they went out of stock (typical) and then I wasn't sure if I really needed them. But after staring longingly at pictures of them for months I just ordered them. And I am not sorry. This is my first experience with Zoeva brushes and I am delighted to report back that it is a good one. All of these brushes are fantastic quality and are all I have been using over the past couple of weeks since I've gotten them. My favourites are the Silk Finish buffing brush, the Luxe Soft Definer brush and the Luxe Sheer Cheek brush. All of the brushes are incredibly beautiful and amazing to use! Full review coming soon! 

The Wet Brush
You all know how loyal I am to the tangle teaser, but that was until the Wet Brush had arrived in my life. It glides through my hair and detangles in one swipe. It doesn't tug or split my hair. I have been using this everyday since I got it and I am obsessed. It also has the added bonus of a handle which is something I have missed with the tangle teaser. I would thoroughly recommend you get your hands on one of these. Amazing!

I feel like I have had so many products this month, and I have a feeling next month will be the same because there are so many exciting make up launches coming up and I just want to try everything! Let me know what your number one product this month has been and why!

2 comments:

  1. I've heard such good reviews about those Zoeva brushes, they look such good quality. Id also really like to try the Brow Whiz, my Hourglass one is nearly finished and I'm finding it's just not doing the job anymore. Great post :)

    Love Beth @ BethBlogsBeauty
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh I need the Wet Brush! Nothing quite as horrible as hearing that crunch sound when brushing through wet hair... x
    lipstickandlightening.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete