Wednesday 20 August 2014

NARS Narissist Eyeshadow Palette



I resisted getting it for so long and of course as per once I decided that I actually wanted it, it was sold out. Everywhere. Sods law. So when I spotted it online on Brown Thomas’s website well...it would have been rude not to..right? About a week beforehand I finally got my hands on the One Night Stand palette which I had been coveting for months so I felt it was only right to get the partner in crime The Narissist palette. Just look at the beautifulness of it all! 15 shadows cased in the fabulous (but admittedly abit messy) matte black packaging..how is a girl meant to turn that down?! So of course I placed my order on payday and waited for baited breath for its arrival. 
 I have only ever tried one NARS eyeshadow duo in the past – Isolde and even though those colours didn’t suit me all that well the quality of the eyeshadows was out of this world- more impressive than MAC and softer than Urban Decay. So after that experience with them I was very excited to get my hands on this palette. There are a lot of mixed reviews about this palette – some saying they love it and others saying the quality of the shadows are not as good as the single eyeshadows or the duos.

So of course once the palette arrived it was straight on my eyelids (after taking pictures of course) and I have to say I am really impressed. I think this palette is the perfect one for smoky eye beginners such as myself. The colours are all perfect to create that look really easily with the use of only one or two shadows. I found that all the shadows were amazingly pigmented and really buttery and soft. I did read some peoples reviews saying that they found their shadows to be slightly chalky with a lot of fallout but thankful I have not had an issue with this. They all blend together perfectly and when I mean a little goes a long way I mean it! 

 As I said before there are 15 shades in this palette with a good mixture of mattes and shimmers with both cool & warm toned shades.  All shades are permanent apart from one which was previously released as part of a collection in 2013. So if you add up how much it each shadow would be worth individually this palette is definitely worth it!  The only problem that I have with this palette is that they haven’t put the names of the actual shadows on the packaging which is a tad frustrating if you want to know the name of the colour you are wearing but apart from that it is just sheer perfection.

I’m pretty sure it is more expensive now at €55 than it was originally but I was more than happy to pay it as I feel that I will use it so much and will definitely a lot of use out of it in the coming months. At the time of writing this post it is still available online at Brown Thomas so if you can, I 100% recommend you pick this up while it’s still available!


4 comments:

  1. danielle that palette is beautiful! i am almost caught between this and the mac neutral cool palette..

    ReplyDelete
  2. That palette is beautiful! I have to admit that I hadn't heard of it until seeing it here on your blog, but now I'm going to have to check into it! Great review!
    according-toem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shades in this palette are gorgeous, I really don't need anymore shadows but this is going on my wishlist x

    daisy-drops

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a beautiful palette only I do think it is super expensive. I managed to get mine from ASOS luckily whereby I already had a voucher to spend. It is beautiful though and one I really enjoy using.
    Amy x | A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete